- Mobile Medical Unit (MMUs) is a mechanism to provide outreach services in rural and remote areas.
- This is not meant to transfer patients.
MMUs comprise of one/two or three vehicles varying state-wise.
- Where there is more than one vehicle then One vehicle is used for transport of medical and Para-medical personnel
- Second is used for carrying equipment/ accessories and basic laboratory facilities
- Third vehicle carries diagnostic equipment such as X-Ray, ultrasound, ECG machine and generator.
- Each unit has- one doctor, one nurse, one radiologist, one lab attendant, one pharmacist and a helper and driver.
- There is provision of medicines in the unit. In Erode Dist, READ has Monitoring and Implementing authority of Mobile Medical Unit at Thalavadi and Sathyamangalam Trilbies Area.